Roth & Company, PC Tax Update Blog

Tax Update Blog: Permalink

« Previous · Tax Update Blog Home · Next »

Foreign bank addresses for online gamblers

January 21, 2011

The IRS treats overseas online gambling accounts as foreign financial accounts that must be reported on form TD F 90-22.1 -- the "FBAR" form. The form requires you to list the addresses of the foreign "financial institution." This isn't easy to find for online gambling sites, but Russ Fox has compiled a list of online gambling site physical addresses. This is an excellent public service by Russ, but note his disclaimer, too:

Note: This list is presented for informational purposes only. It is believed accurate as of January 1, 2011. However, I do not take responsibility for your use of this list or for the accuracy of any of the addresses presented on the list.

So be careful out there, and think twice about using such an account if you can't get reporting information from them.

Tags: ..

      Bookmark: del.icio.usDiggreddit

Email:  •  Phone: (515) 244-0266
All content © Roth & Company, P.C.  •  Powered by Movable Type  •  Site by Sekimori Design